Monday 7 May 2012

No-one could escape the irony of a drought with so much rain. The allotment soil is sodden and impossible to work with. The sweet peas have suffered quite a set back with the cold weather, but the rest of the plants seem to be coping with  the weather and some are flourishing. The fruit trees are galloping away and the lettuce, and broad beans are growing fast.

Planting the broad beans in
January has worked well,
 I don't think I have lost
any and they are flowering
well.

I am keeping an eye open for black fly before I nip the tops off. Strawberries now flowering well. I have them both in the allotment and in a strawberry tower in the garden. Not sure this tower will be the way to go for the long term.


I have hung up a plum moth trap in the plum trees, last year about a quarter of the fruit were spoiled by this pest., so look forward to a completely free crop this year.

Some pictures from the garden for April May

through the kitchen window











Clematis Montana and a self seeded biennial whose name I forget

Clematis Pink Champagne (a bit tattered by the rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment